I was waiting for my friend Laura outside of the Costco of Kazakhstan a few weeks ago when I saw this little boy come shuffling up to the front door. Now while his pentathlon feet-on-the-ground was enough to make me remember him and chuckle a bit, his impressively long braid was way cooler. I'm jealous of all of the little kids with two feet braids coming from the tops of their heads. Forget tradition and good luck, this is a love born of aesthetics and fashion. Anyway, he continued his awkward mom-at-the-mall power walk and his mother and sister followed after him shortly. About 20 seconds later while I was still tabulating how long it would take to get my braid that long this little boy made another appearance. He walked down the steps and stood directly in front of the doors and whipped his junk out. He proceeded to empty his bladder on the road in front of the Costco of Kazakhstan, S'Mall. Now this place is happening and people are constantly going in and out. This little boy had no shame but at least had the sense to crane his neck left and right and looking rather worried. I'm sure his mother sent him out to pee, but maybe he knew he shouldn't be pissing at the entrance. Anyway, he finished, took the time to shake off, and then shuffled back inside. I sat there with my silent laughter telling people telepathically "don't walk on that wet spot." My telepathy didn't seem to work so well that day.
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment